Hello …I wanted to let you know of a couple of ideas that might interest you on the sustainable fashion front…
- & Other Stories are doing their bit for the environment by running an in-store recycling scheme at the moment. It has been designed to encourage customers to return empty beauty packaging, as well as pre-loved garments, and textiles to any of their store locations. As a reward for recycling, customers are given a 10% voucher to spend in-store.
This is how it works:
1. Simply fill a bag with any textiles (all brands are welcome!) and bring it to your closest store and get one voucher with a 10% recycling treat as a thank you. Please note that your voucher can be used once and is valid for three months.
2. Your bags are then collected from the store by their recycling partners. They have the infrastructural solutions in place to sort the items to ensure that the different materials are handled in the best possible way. Each piece (no matter its age or condition) is a valuable source of raw material – a treasure ready to embark on its second chapter. By recycling with us you create a circle that keeps all these raw materials from being produced again from scratch.
3. All textiles are passed on for their next best use via their recycling partner and are sorted into the following categories:
• Rewear – garments that are still wearable move on as second-hand clothing.
• Reuse – textiles that can’t be worn anymore are turned into special products, such as cleaning cloths
• Recycling – everything that is not suitable for producing new garments is converted into recycled fibres and non-woven fabric.
Sadly Covid-19 has meant that some stores aren’t able to operate this scheme at the moment, so you may wish to check your local store before recommending to your client base.
2. ‘By Rotation’ is an interesting concept created by Eshita Kabra-Davies. Set up in 2019, it’s a clothing and accessories rental platform powered by an App. It enables Users or Rotators to rent and lend their designer fashion directly with each other, thereby creating a community of sharers. This could be a great option if you need an item of clothing for a one off occasion.